Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Where Do You See Yourself in Three Years?

There are things that happen in a a day that serendipitously become tied together. Today two such things happened. I was asked when I see myself in three year. Later on, I hear the poem Widening Circles by Rainer Maria Rilke.
 
At this point of transition in my life, I'm not quite sure where I'll be in three years. I'm not freaking out either. I am left asking myself: 'am I a falcon, a storm, or a great song?'. I know that whatever task I'm called to, I'll invest my energies in that. I'm not sure what exactly is on the horizon, but I'm pretty excited for the endless possibilities! At this moment in my life I have created a clearing to fill with remarkable things. Stay tuned for updates!! In the meantime listen to the poem.



I live my life in widening circles
that reach out across the world.
I may not complete this last one
but I give myself to it.

I circle around God, around the primordial tower.
I've been circling for thousands of years
and I still don't know: am I a falcon,
a storm, or a great song?

Book of Hours, I 2

No comments: